Monday, February 21, 2011

online dictionaries

This is my first and most important reason to learn English that I want to understand what I read on the web pages of science channels. English is a most used language for articles in the world. I really love reading this kind of things especially about science and new technologic developments from all over the world. 

Nowadays I can understand what I read and of course I’m using dictionary too. It is very convenient to use web pages. First of all I have to move my mouse pointer on the unknown words and after double click I can see some explanations in the yellow small box to learn meanings of words. I think it’s very useful and also free. I was using Babylon and I can say it’s very professional if I do right click on the unknown words. Babylon is showing very specific things. For example it gives meanings with 4 or 5 words and 2 or 3 different thesaurus which is most used in the world moreover it is giving all parts of speech in a little command if you want to look. Babylon is not free application. This is different exe from internet explorer but I could use without internet connection with all dictionaries. If I want, I can choose my full dictionaries like Longman or Oxford With all specifications in this application. 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful application for people like you who read a lot on the Internet. Thanks for sharing it with everyone. How much does it cost to download?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babylon is $118 for lifetime and with Oxford, Britannica, Merriam Webster, Pons, Larousse, Duden, Langenscheidt and many more dictionaries . These examples are for only an English. If you want , you can find different dictionaries for different 75 languages.
    http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/

    The other application is free with 11 language .
    This link is for safari web browser. Safari is my favorite browser . I can find a lot of useful extensions. I can recommend for everyone this web browser. All in one.
    http://www.slicefactory.com/browser-extensions/dictionary-safari/286

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babylon sounds like a great deal! Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. It will be useful for all of us.

    ReplyDelete